The Zumba involves quite a bit of sliding and gliding movements, turns and twists since it is a fast-paced fitness cum dance routine. This popular fitness routine has attracted millions of people all over the world, regardless of their age and figure. However, when doing the Zumba, you must be cautious about the footwear you choose to sport. Since the dance movements are quick and energetic, you need to wear shoes that will give you lateral support and extra cushioning so that you do not hurt your ankles and feet. The shoes must look trendy and stylish, but they should also be comfortable and breathable. They should allow you to glide on the dance floor with ease and make easy lateral movements. It is not advisable to wear running or jogging sneakers because these shoes can support only forward and backward motions, not lateral movements. Cross trainers that support movements in every direction may be a good choice for the Zumba. The following models are some great Zumba shoes which you can buy confidently because these will ensure that you do not end up getting hurt in any way.
- New Balance WX867 black sneaker: This cross training variety in the black color has a pivot-pointed outsole which allows you to move smoothly in practically every direction. There are multi-layered straps that give your feet a secure fit and benefits lateral movements. The shoes are covered with a breathable mesh layer on the top. This offers extra comfort and there is a lace lock which prevents you from falling over open laces. This additional cushioning helps to keep your feet feeling absolutely fresh while you are dancing.
- New Balance WX867 White: Whether you are working pout on the cardio machines at the gym, or dancing on a studio floor at a Zumba session, you can get multiple benefits from this cross-trainer. It allows multi-directional movements and is equipped with an outsole having a pivot point. There is a breathable mesh layer on top and extra straps for a secure fit. This guarantees easy lateral motions and the lace locks prevent disturbances in your dance routine because of unruly laces.
- RYKA Influence: This model is ideally designed to withstand high impact workouts. These are platform shoes with extra cushioning in the base which is very useful during forceful impacts and also helps to keep the foot aligned properly. In order to get an accurate fit however, you need to buy half a size larger than what you normally do.
- Zumba Women's Flex Classic Sneaker: This shoe is made of synthetic and imported rubber sole. The heels measure roughly about 1.25 inches and the pointed toe allows for greater balancing and comfort when you are doing the Zumba steps. This shoe is equipped with a Z-arch that guarantees great flexibility. The Z-slide allows the user to slide with ease on any kind of surface. This makes this model ideally suited for dancers who love to spin and slide, twist and turn. You can get this model in two vibrant shades.
- Ryka Women’s Rhythmic Shoe: This shoe is made from synthetic fabric and has an imported runner sole with breathable mesh layer on top. These are training shoes ideally suited for Zumba movements.